Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders at SCQF Level 6
This qualification is aimed at anyone in Scotland who needs to apply for a Personal Licence to sell alcohol in Scotland.
The qualification covers the syllabus set by the Scottish government and will ensure learners understand the law, regulation and responsibilities attached to the retail sale of alcohol.
The qualification covers the specification set by the Scottish Government to enable learners to understand the law in relation to:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
- The application process for a personal licence
- The application process for premises and occasional licences, mandatory and discretionary conditions.
- Protection of children from harm
- The content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
- Drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
- Licensed hours
- Control of order
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
- Roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relation to failure to comply with the law
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- The strengths of alcoholic, drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body.