This qualification is for anyone wishing to be employed as a security officer.
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) recognises that it is essential for all security officers to have undergone a structured programme of training.
To become a security officer a person has to be in possession of a licence issued to them by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
Successful completion of the qualification will enable candidates to apply for a licence to practise which will enable them to work within the security industry.
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 42 hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of 29 contact hours (4-days) if self-study is undertaken.
The qualification comprises 3 mandatory units:
- Unit 1 – Working within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 2 – Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 3 – Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 1 – 72-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Unit 2 – 60-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Unit 3 – 20-question multiple-choice examination paper.
Each unit also has a practical assessment.